'Genocidal war': Palestinians condemn Netanyahu's new plan to push them out of Gaza
The Palestinian foreign ministry said the Israeli PM's confession regarding his plans for the displacement of Palestinians was "a new blow to the countries supporting him in the genocidal war on Gaza Strip".
Netanyahu made the comments during a meeting with his Likud party, announcing that he was ready to encourage the voluntary migration of Palestinians from Gaza, but the problem was whether there were "countries that are willing to absorb an exit".
Palestinian group Hamas also condemned the plan, saying it was an attempt to "prolong the aggression".
"The Palestinian people will not allow to pass any plan that aims to obliterate their cause or to get them out of their lands and sanctities," it said.
Benjamin Netanyahu has just declared Israel's real plan: the mass expulsion of Gaza's Palestinian population.— Owen Jones (@OwenJones84) December 27, 2023
This should be headline news.
Israel launched a ferocious and indiscriminate war against the besieged Gaza Strip on 7 October following a surprise attack by Hamas on Israel which killed around 1200 people.
So far over 21,100 people, mostly women and children, have been killed in Gaza by Israel while at least 55,243 have been injured.
The Israeli onslaught has left Gaza in ruins, with half of the coastal territory's housing damaged or destroyed and nearly two million people displaced within the densely populated enclave amid acute shortages of food, clean water and medicines.