Sudan protesters say the revolution will continue, despite brutal military crackdown
Protesters in Sudan have said that the revolution is not yet over, despite a brutal crackdown on pro-democracy supporters by the army forcing activists to suspend a civil disobedience campaign against the military-run government.
Protest leaders said they would resume talks with the ruling military this week, after both the US and Ethiopia stepped up their efforts to end the crisis following a massacre in the capital Khartoum.
On Wednesday the US named a special envoy to Sudan to find a "peaceful" solution between demonstrators and generals.
Protest leaders are demanding "international guarantees" for implementing any agremeent reached with the army rulers.
It follows a massacre by the military of protesters at a sit-in on 3 June in Khartoum, killing over 100 civilians with their bodies dumped in the River Nile.
Sudan has witnessed two months of intense protests, which led to President Omar al-Bashir being removed from power in April, with generals taking over the government.
Since then there have been fierce disagreement between the army and activists on the role of the military in government.
The Forces for Declaration of Freedom and Change, which represents the protesters' demand for civilian rule, on Tuesday called on people to return to work across Sudan, after a three-day nationwide strike.
Protest leaders are said to be looking to prevent a further escalation of tensions in the country, following last week's massacre in Khartoum.