A car bomb attack has killed a three-year old child and wounded 15 others in the southeastern Turkish province of Sanliurfa, the province's governor and hospital sources reported Friday.
The explosion occurred near the lodgings of judges and prosecutors in Viransehir in Sanliurfa province, governor Gungor Azim Tuna was quoted by Anadolu as saying.
Tuna said that the dead child was the son of a court worker and added that the wounded were not believed to have serious injuries.
He described the blast as a "terror attack" caused by a parked vehicle laden with explosives that was remotely detonanted.
Turkish justice minister Bekir Bozdag said on Twitter that the act would not weaken the country's resolve in fighting terror.
"Our determined and effective fight against terror will continue," he said.
Bozdag did not say which organisation the government suspects was behind the attack.
Last year, Turkey was struck by several attacks that were blamed on the Islamic State group and Kurdish seperatist fighters.
Hundreds of civilians have been killed in an upsurge of attacks across the country, including on New Year's Eve, when a Islamic State group gunman killed 39 people at an Istanbul nightclub.