Scores of Palestinians wounded at anti-settlement rallies in occupied West Bank
Dozens of Palestinians were injured on Friday when Israeli forces cracked down on anti-settlement protests in villages across the occupied West Bank.
The Palestine Red Crescent society said on Friday night that it had treated 94 Palestinians for injures following the protests against illegal settlements.
More than 50 people needed medical attention after choking on tear gas, the medical organisation said, while others were treated for rubber bullet injuries, burns, and falls.
It also said that one of its ambulances had been damaged by Israeli forces, wounding the driver. A photo shared on the organisation's Facebook page showed the vehicle's shattered windows.
The rallies took place in the Beita village, south of the city Nablus, where settlers have tried to build an outpost on Palestinian land.
There was another anti-settlement rally in Kafr Qaddoum village, east of Qalqilya city.
Illegal settlements at Evyatar outpost, located a few kilometres away from Beita, were supposedly evacuated at the beginning of July, following an agreement between the Israeli government and illegal settlers.
The deal allowed for the wildcat hilltop town to remain under the permanent supervision of the Israeli army, after the settlers left.
Clashes have continued between the illegal settlers and local Palestinians in the area, with several reports that construction continues on Mount Salih.