Killing of Mohammad Nada in Nablus by Israel was an 'execution': Palestinian foreign ministry
During an undercover raid into the city, Israeli forces killed a Palestinian man in the Al-Ain refugee camp, in the northern occupied West Bank city of Nablus, on Wednesday, 26 July.
The Palestinian health ministry identified the victim as 23-year-old Mohammad Nada, a resident of Al-Ain camp.
Residents of the Al-Ain refugee camp told Palestinian media that undercover Israeli soldiers who had infiltrated the camp in a civilian car opened fire towards Nada, who was left bleeding on the ground as Israeli troops left.
"The occupation forces had come to capture another young man, Bu Al-Basyuni, whom they had surrounded in a house before arresting him", Jamal Rayan, a resident of Nablus and human rights activist, told The New Arab.
lsraeli occupation forces kill a 23-year-old Palestinian youth during a military raid in al-Ein camp, Nablus. pic.twitter.com/qlBQi68gnr— TIMES OF GAZA (@Timesofgaza) July 26, 2023
"Mohammad Nada was in the same street while the occupation soldiers were withdrawing while opening fire at anyone in the street", said Rayan.
"Mohammad was single and worked as a barber in Nablus", said Rayan, a friend of the victim's family. "He was a polite and calm young man, very respectful and of good manners with everybody, always smiling."
"His family refused to keep his body in the morgue, and his funeral was arranged for today", Rayan added.
On Wednesday at noon, Hundreds of Palestinians took part in Nada's funeral in Nablus, carrying his body wrapped with a Palestinian flag through the Nablus city centre, chanting slogans of mourning and anger, before laying him to rest at the Al-Ain camp's cemetery.
Al-Ain Refugee Camp, Nablus |— Younis Tirawi | يونس (@ytirawi) July 26, 2023
Palestinians are washing the blood from the alleys of Al-Ain Refugee camp, after a Palestinian civilian was murdered by Israeli occupation forces during their incursion a while ago to the camp disguised as municipality workers to arrest a fighter. pic.twitter.com/Ozc4i7BHEv
The Palestinian foreign ministry condemned the killing of Mohammad Nada on Wednesday, calling it a "summary execution" and calling for an independent investigation into his killing.
Mohammad Nada is the fourth Palestinian mourned to be mourned in Nablus in 24 hours. On Tuesday, 25 July, Israeli forces killed three Palestinians who had attacked Israeli soldiers on Mount Gerzim outside the city and withheld their bodies.
The three men were Nur Al-Ardah, 32, Montaser Salameh, 33, and Saad Kharaz, 43, all residents of Nablus, according to the Palestinian health ministry's statement.
Israeli media quoted an Israeli army's statement, claiming that the three men, who were armed, had opened fire at soldiers of the Israeli army's 603 battalions stationed on Mount Gerzim before being killed in action. The Ezedin Al-Qassam Brigades, the armed wing of Hamas, claimed the three men as its members.
At 25 oct, Israeli forces shot dead 2 Palestinians incl. Hamdi Sharaf, a barbershop owner of "Agha Saloon” in Nablus old city while eating Knuffah at night with a friend, both unarmed innocent civilians— Younis Tirawi | يونس (@ytirawi) July 26, 2023
Today, the guy who had been taking care of the ahop since then was murdered https://t.co/v662gVTtSX pic.twitter.com/nOWEb63kCE
Meanwhile, Israeli forces conducted an extensive arrest wave in the occupied West Bank on the night of Tuesday to Wednesday. On Wednesday morning, the Palestinian Prisoners' Club reported that Israeli forces arrested 42 Palestinians from across the West Bank overnight.
According to the Prisoners' Club statement, the arrest campaign included the governorates of Bethlehem, Jenin, Tubas, Ramallah, Tulkarm, Nablus, Jerusalem, and Salfit.
Israeli forces have been escalating raids on Palestinian cities in recent months, killing more than 200 Palestinians and arresting more than 3,900 since the beginning of 2023, according to reports by the Palestinian health ministry, the Palestinian Prisoners' Club and human rights groups.