Israeli teenager caught in settlement explosion confirmed dead
An Israeli wounded by an improvised bomb near a settlement in the occupied West Bank on Friday has died from her injuries, officials said.
Israeli medics had earlier reported that a 17-year-old had been critically wounded in the attack.
Israeli President Reuven Rivlin and the teenager's hometown of Lod in central Israel both announced her death.
The girl's father and brother were wounded in the attack and were rushed to Hadassah hospital in Ein Karem.
Local media initially said she was in critical condition, with conflicting reports as to whether she's alive or dead.
She currently remains unidentified.
Eyewitnesses told The New Arab's Arabic language service that occupying Israeli forces arrived at the scene of the explosion for reinforcement.
An Israeli military helicopter evacuated the injured and the Israeli army placed the whole area under lockdown, closing all roads leading to nearby Palestinian villages, such as Janiyah and Ras Karkar.