Palestinian knife attack suspect detained by Israel: Army
Israeli forces in the West Bank detained a Palestinian suspected of stabbing and wounding a soldier, the Israeli army said on Friday.
It added that a manhunt is ongoing for a second suspect who is accused of shooting two Israelis.
The army spokesman's office released video it said had been taken late on Thursday showing a cuffed and blindfolded man being led by soldiers in what appears to be a military facility.
"A short while ago, the terrorist who committed the terror attack ... this afternoon was caught," regional commander Colonel Sagiv Dahan said.
An army spokesman said that details of the suspect and his arrest were being withheld for the time being as his interrogation was still in progress.
He is suspected of stabbing and wounding an army reservist on guard at a junction near the northern West Bank city of Nablus on Thursday afternoon.
A civilian was wounded by Israeli forces who shot at the fleeing assailant, the army said.
The second suspect who remains at large is accused of killing two Israelis and wounding a third in a shooting on Sunday in an Israeli industrial zone where they all worked near the northern West Bank Jewish settlement of Barkan.
"Activity continues to catch the terrorist who carried out the shooting attack at Barkan," an army statement said in Hebrew.
The army has named the wanted man as Ashraf Naalwa, 23, from the northern West Bank village of Shuweika.
The two attack sites and Shuweika village all lie within a 32 kilometre radius but so far there has been no indication of any connection.
A wave of Palestinian knife attacks against Israelis broke out in 2015, but they have since become sporadic.